Shape files can be polygons, lines or points. Polygon shape files are imported without buffering; they are considered pre-buffered and must be a minimum of a 50ft buffered file. Line and point shape files will be buffered by a specific number of feet, which you must specify (minimum of 50ft).
- Shape file data needs to be submitted as NAD83 Datum or WGS84 Datum with a Coordinate Reference System of Latitude/Longitude
- Shape files must contain valid data and have correct data for their shape type (i.e. lines must contain at least two points; polygon must have at least three points, etc.)
- Shape files are of the actual underground facilities NOT grids
- Name the shape file with your member code
- Shape files are full replacement only, no additions or deletes will be processed. You must submit a complete replacement shape file each time.