Format Effective 3/1/2019
The following information will show the format programming details, sample of a new ticket and a sample of a Request Re-Marks ticket.
Warning for members parsing tickets
In order to avoid issues with parsing tickets, please follow these rules BEFORE making any code changes
- DO NOT code for data, only code for field names as the data changes from ticket to ticket. The field names are always followed by a colon ":". For example "Map Link:" is the field and everything that follows is data
- All fields will show all the time with these exceptions:
- "Re-Marks Required" - This field will only show when the ticket type is Request Re-Marks (REMK). When this field shows, it will list the facility types the excavator is requested to be re-marked.
- "Comments" - This field will NOT show on NEW tickets unless the ticket is a re-issued ticket. A re-issued ticket is a ticket that has been amended more than 99 times. This does not happen often.
- Location field will include all location information including any address(es), street(s), cross street(s) and/or description location
- Map Link can be either http or https depending upon the server
DigAlert and USANorth811 Differences
DigAlert and USANorth811 will share this format for use within California. However, there are a few differences in the data. Let's take a moment to know the differences.
The copyright notice located at the bottom of the ticket will show the center that owns the copyright. For example " Copyright 2018 Underground Service Alert of Southern California."
In the ticket Header, third section from left will show the center abbreviation (USAS for DigAlert or USAN for USANorth811) → see NEW DigAlert Ticket Types, Headers & Explanations Effective 3/1/2019
Ticket numbers start with different letters between the centers.
DigAlert tickets start with A or B
USANorth811 tickets start with W or X
While every attempt to provide members with the most up to date and accurate information is made from DigAlert, we CANNOT guarantee the accuracy of any information from USANorth811 on this site. You should CONTACT USANORTH811 and verify all their information PRIOR to making any changes to their format.
Ticket Types Are Changing Too
See → NEW DigAlert Ticket Types, Headers & Explanations Effective 3/1/2019 for a detailed list of the new ticket types and priorities.
DATA Only Change - 2/11/2019
On 2/11/2019 the Data for the field 'LOCATION:' will contain the following;
- Address/Street: (Then list the address, if one is given, and the street name. Ex: 123 Main St or Main St)
- X/ST1: (the cross street, if one is provided. If one is not provided, this will not appear.)
- X/ST2: (Second cross street if one is provided. If one is not provided, this will not appear.)
This DOES NOT change the format of the ticket. This is just added data being input into the free form text field of LOCATION. This data will appear on every ticket issued.
Download all the required format specs and samples shown above here.